(BC3) Wireless Apple Carplay Update

• Thanks for the tip. I have seen that there is an update for the iPhone Xr, but only to 15.7.1

Edit: I have to correct myself - after updating to 15.7.1, 16.1 is now available for download.

Now I'm waiting for the feedback from Hyundai or my dealer regarding the screen update.

• iPhone Xr is compatible with iOS 16 and 16.1 was released last Monday, Link, Link.

Maybe you have to try again after updating to iOS 15.7.1 or there is a delay in your language or anything else that I don’t understand.

D2V updates arrive to Europe dealers 8-12 months later than in Usa/Canada. They have never offered in the Europe web page. They transport it in a stagecoachs like in westerns movies and very old ships that spend a year to arrive to Europe dealers.

Hyundai treat Europe as the forgotten, given us the last class service. If you don’t update yourself, then be patient.

• Just to make clear, the D2V updates you're rerferring to are for non Europeaen head units (mainly US market). They offer updates, because these head units are Blue Link capable.

For European market we'll expect the public update possibility soon, but I'm not sure if it will happen until the end of the year. For those who update with wrong US software, they will get in trouble in a warranty claim, because the software status shows the US software.

• Cowi-c5,

I admire you for your reliability and I also bought an OBDII for my car that you recommended in a post that works perfect for me.

I don't agree at all about what you say.

Our i20's are BC3 model and they are not selled in USA or Canada, but when you download the update from the USA/Canada zone of the Hyundai or Kia web page, that is the same web for all zones around the world, including Europe (I mean it is the same place provided by Amazon services in Chicago and you have separeted zones selecting country and language) include a folder for the BC3 configuration, and when you update you have european version before and european version after the update.

This is the same for many other Kia/Hyundai models/versions that are not selled in Usa/Canada but the update includes all the individual folders for each different model of car.

The update is multi-area (region/country) and multilanguage.

The only difference is that those versions arrive to Europe much more later (8-12 months) and if you update yourself and could have a problem, a Hyundai dealer could tell you that they don't recognize this version because they don't have it and don't know it, even the update is original and provided by Kia/Hyundai.

Some friends here had wireless problems with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, updated themnselves and got fixed the problems.

If updates arrived on time we wouldnt have to update ourselves to fix problems and put in risk our warranty.

• Does anybody know which of the versions I should download to update my i20 BC N-Line?

There are different files for Ioniq, Elantra and so on but I don't know which one contains the right thing :(

Plus one thing -> the last update from April, someone from here sent me the download-link and that contained only enc_system_package ......

The new update on hyundai website contains 2 files which need to be installed according the manual...

Is this new? In the new update there are 2 files enc_system_package & enc_d2vsystem_package...?!

• Any link to download with same version D2V.003.200.220927 leads you to the exactly same file. You can check it yourself just downloading all updates from Kia and also Hyundai and see that CRC is the same.

Any of them is valid. Then you extract it to a reliable USB of minimum 64Gb, exFat format, in my case I put both files, engine on, usb in the right side (left side usb is only power, press setup button, update, 10-20 min and updated.

The most important is to download with a free virus computer, use a reliable usb and engine on until the end.

And of course to have previous experience of others that updated with any problem. In my case the update was perfect, and this is my third update in this year.

Next update could be different. We will see then.

Remember, do it at your own risk.

• But why are currently 2 files? The last update contained only one and now there are 2 files? enc_d2vsystem_package_134.100.220927.zip & enc_system_package_134.100.220927.zip
    What does enc_d2vsystem.... contain?

• I ask myself the same question but after updating without any problem this is for me not important.

The device knows which file of both choose to update. Maybe one version of car choose one an another version the other file.

I don’t mind and I don’t care if the update is original and works fine.

You can try to update with one file first and second file later and share your experience with us.

• After pluging in the usb with both files, the car showed that it will update to

BC3.EUR.0000.134.100.220927

Is there some error in the file? The 4 times zero don't look good because in the current version the device shows different things (BC3.EUR.D2V... and so on) so there is no 4 times zero..?!

Should i only try it with the D2V file?!

• Many thanks for the reply and the pictures. I feel safe but i was only worried because of the zeros in the version which poped up but I see you got the same and after that, everything seems to be as usual :) Thx a lot :D

So i did the update and everything is fine, also the final version information in the system-settings :)

• WhoCares_AT

Vicente8

Don't worry: If the wrong update (model/model year) is selected, the update cannot be performed!

Tucson TLE 1.6 T-GDI 7GangDCT 2 WD, LPG (PRINS DLM3.0), Brink AHK abnehmbar, GT-RADIAL 4SEASONS (225/55 R18 TL 102V 4SEASONS XL M+S), EZ 07/2020 (2019 Facelift EU-Neufahrzeug aus Bulgarien; v. Importeur ausgerüstet mit v. HYUNDAI zugel. Direct LiquiMax LPG-Anlage mit Direkteinspritzung + Valve-Protector Additiv-Anlage (Addeco m. Freischalt-Dongle) unter Wahrung der HYUNDAI-Garantie mit 5 Jahren Zusatzgarantie auf LPG-Anlage]

Standard GEN5 Navigation; Stand: *.EUR.SOP.V140.231011.STD_M

• But why are currently 2 files? The last update contained only one and now there are 2 files? enc_d2vsystem_package_134.100.220927.zip & enc_system_package_134.100.220927.zip
    What does enc_d2vsystem.... contain?

Hello,

In this Link they explain how to update in Gen1 version. It is not possible to update from old versions to the new one directly and you need an intermediate version update. This could be the reason why en our last Gen2V update there are 2 files. If you update from a very old version you could need to do 2 updates, first the intermediate update and later the last version.

I think this because they have done a strong change in the engineering access in our last update and it's needed an 8 digit key instead of 4. I like the idea that they could offer bluelink in all models as they announced just a little time before started the pandemic.

Technically it is possible, commercially it may not.

Greetings

• Hi Vicente,

please don't mix up the head units. The Gen 1.0 and 1.5 is an very early Navi in ix35, ix20, i30 (GD) etc. Yes here the manual is correct, but the intermediate S/W is not available on any server (except Terrorkater). It doesn't refer to D2V (or Gen2V) head units, which are Value D-Audio units of the latest cars.

• Useful guide and pretty straightforward to update your firmware for Gen2v headunit screens.

Could anyone with 220927 version installed check if language changes to Greek, when selected, in the odometer cluster?

• Hello,

The 8” screen Audio Entertainment System is an Android device and this update is only for this Android device.

I suppose what you would like is the ECU update that Hyundai do once a year.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!